Loading...

Preview

It is a public park in Vienna's first Innere Stadt district

The Volksgarten district was originally used for fortifications. Between 1596 and 1597, the fortress wall was built on the eastern side of the park. In 1639, additional fortifications were built on the southern side. In 1809, these fortifications were destroyed by the French forces of Napoleon.

Between 1817 and 1821, the area near Ballhausplatz was transformed into gardens originally designated for a private garden arcade. These plans were changed through a proposal submitted by the Court Park Administration to transform the area into the city's first public park. On March 1, 1823, the garden was officially opened. Starting in 1825, the Volksgarten name was commonly used. In 1862, the gardens extended toward Ringstrasse after the city's trench was filled.

Every Day :

24 Hours

Foundation Date: 1/1/1821

Intertainment Elements

Sports

Sitting places

Entertainment

Restaurants

Trips

This informations from published sources and pending the approval of the official authorities

STAY TUNED WITH US

Get our new and much more!