Stamford is widely recognised as at the forefront of the public park movement created with a range of sport facilities and walks to enable the working class to take exercise and feel the benefit of access to a green environment.
In March 2001 English Heritage included Stamford Park in the Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England.
The Park was donated to the people of Altrincham by the 7th Earl of Stamford in 1879 and officially opened in 1880. The design by John Shaw aimed to encourage the people of Altrincham to take regular exercise
- Football pitch - Tennis courts - Basketball courts - Bowling Green