Crescent Gardens were laid out on former rural open space, and by 1894 there were curving paths in the north part, and by 1910 the whole was laid out with serpentine paths, trees, shrubberies and formal bedding. The WWI war memorial on High Road was in place pre-1935. The south end of the gardens was renamed King George VI Memorial Garden and opened on 25 April 1953, laid out with shrub beds behind stone retaining walls, seating and a small circular rose bed in the centre.
Park Area: 5000.00 SQM
Foundation Date: 1/1/1894