Peel Green Crematorium was also a former old Non-Conformist burial chapel, which was converted into a crematorium in May 1955.
The chapel can seat up to 80 mourners and a loop system has been installed at the crematorium to assist people with hearing difficulties to follow the funeral service.
A public address system is also in place to allow mourners who gather outside at large funerals when the chapel is full to participate in the service.
Additionally, the audio system has also been enhanced to allow mourners to listen to not only taped music, but also compact discs. An electronic organ is also installed and is available for use during the service.
The cemetery has been and recent improvements have helped transform the cemetery into a first class facility which benefits the local community.
09:00 am To 05:00 pm
08:00 am To 08:00 pm
Park Area: 129499.00 SQM
Foundation Date: 1/1/1879