Loading...

Preview

Enclosed by high walls and ornamental railings

Tower Hamlets Cemetery was created to serve the parishes of Stepney and Bromley-by-Bow. Consecrated in 1841, the cemetery had a lodge and two chapels, and was laid out as a grid and planted with ornamental trees and shrubs. By 1889 over 247,000 burials had taken place but the cemetery became neglected and much overgrown, later suffering bomb damage in WWII. In 1990 it was designated a cemetery park.

 

Every Day :

08:00 am To 05:00 pm

Park Area: 109677.00 SQM

Foundation Date: 1/1/1841

Intertainment Elements

Sitting places

Trips

Educational projects

This informations from published sources and pending the approval of the official authorities

STAY TUNED WITH US

Get our new and much more!