The local Lower Spin Nature Reserve covers about 3 hectares and was previously part of Ravenstorp's old sewage works. The early munitions survey maps show that prior to the sanitation work, this was a site for the corn mill called Berg Mill dating back to 1855. The company developed the site as a bird sanctuary in the mid-1980s. In 2000 appointed a council
The Governor's site is a local nature reserve and is now managed for people and wildlife. In 2004 a partnership with Wild Space! The Project Ponds project witnessed the creation of three new ponds to improve wetlands habitat for wildlife. Repairs were also carried out on the ring road to allow better access for people and more seats were created for visitors.
Park Area: 30000.00 SQM