Kensington Memorial Park has been a public park since 1926 when it was opened to the public by Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll.
The land was bought in 1923 with funds provided by the Kensington War Memorial Committee who wanted to create a suitable tribute to those who had given their lives in the First World War and felt that a new recreation ground would be an ideal memorial.
The park offers many recreational activities including pleasant formal areas, a children’s playground, tennis, football, junior cricket and One O’clock club which is managed by Family and Children’s Services. A kiosk is open during the summer months. Garden Practicalities: staffed Park. Open 7.30am until dusk. Public toilet facilities. Sports Booking Line: 020 7602 2226