The area is in fact a double lake and park. The south-west and north-east section of the park resemble the figure 8 which is pulled in tight at the centre by Neue Kantstraße, an embankment road dividing the lake in two. For many years now, the two halves of the lake have been connected by a canal and an underpass. Benedictine monks once fished in this sickle-shaped lake when it was still surrounded by woods. Nobody fishes in the lake anymore which is no deeper than four metres. Swimming is not permitted, except for swans, ducks and grebes.
Foundation Date: 1/1/1910