Park and individual buildings were very damaged during World War II. Two houses at the entrance were destroyed. Of two created in 1925 by Hermann Pagels bears on the main avenue near the entrance to the Kurt Schumacher dam one was lost since the end of World War II. In 2010, a section was rediscovered. The sculptor Vincenz Repnik created a replacement monument from an eleven-ton shell limestone block. Since May 6, 2011, the classic entrance situation with both bears has been handed back to the public.
After the opening of the park in 1923, the outdoor theater, the Gustav Böß stage, was also designed by Erwin Barth on the model of the ancient theater in Ephesus. It holds 2,000 visitors. Restored after World War II. Cash building and changing rooms were built in 1951. Since May 2004 the stage is reopened and managed.
Park Area: 1120000.00 SQM
Foundation Date: 27/5/1923